Avoid Using Stainless Steel Utensils, Store Salt, Soy Sauce, Vinegar

- Aug 16, 2018-

Avoid using stainless steel utensils, store salt, soy sauce, vinegar


Stainless steel is made of iron-chromium alloy, and then mixed with trace metals such as nickel, molybdenum, titanium, cadmium and manganese.


People like to store food in stainless steel utensils. If you use stainless steel for a long time to store salt, soy sauce, vinegar, soup, etc., it will be easily poisoned. This is because stainless steel, like other metals, is susceptible to chemical reactions with electrolytes. Foods stored in stainless steel for a long time contain a lot of electrolytes. Once chemically reacted, toxic metal elements are dissolved, which is easy to poison.

Therefore, for salt, soy sauce, vinegar, etc., it is best to use pottery or glassware, do not use stainless steel utensils to prevent poisoning.