How should stainless steel pots be maintained?
In daily life, we often do not understand the casting principle and use method of stainless steel pots, so that it always feels that it is not as good as the traditional iron pot, and then ignores the traditional iron pot that it has unmatched. In fact, the stainless steel pot is different from the old-fashioned wok, the bottom of the pot and the wall structure are different, and the heating principle of the iron pot is not exactly the same. In order to better play the advantages of the stainless steel pot, I often have problems in the process of using it. Say something about your own experience. What are the better suggestions for the cheese, please leave a message or give me a note. I will collect these suggestions together to help us use a real good pot.
1. About the heating of stainless steel pots
Stainless steel pots are not easy to clean, and their materials are different from those of iron pots. Therefore, do not use the idea of using iron pots when using them. Be sure to keep the flames from exceeding the bottom of the pot to avoid yellowing or blackening of the pots; Also do not dry the pot for a long time, which can easily lead to yellowing of the pot. Use small and medium fires as much as possible. Don't worry, the qualified stainless steel cookware is better in thermal conductivity and has high durability. After the fire is turned off, the pot is still warm for a long time.
2. About the non-stick function of stainless steel pots
Stainless steel pots have a non-stick function. The key is to master the temperature. When the pot is hot enough, the temperature is 160-180 degrees, which can achieve the effect of non-stick food. We use a stainless steel pot to cook the vegetables will stick, this is not a pot problem, but a method of use. To prevent stainless steel pans from sticking, there are two better preheating methods:
1. Place the pot on a heat source for 1 to 2 minutes on a large fire (not more than the bottom of the pot), then sprinkle a small amount of water into the pot until the water is condensed in the center of the pot. The temperature has been reached. If the water droplets are blotted or jumped around, the temperature has not been reached and heating is required (see illustration). After the temperature is reached, turn to medium heat, pour the oil, spread the oil evenly in the pot, and directly fry the fish or other easy-to-stick food.
2, cold oil cold pot, the oil directly into the pot, heated until the oil in the pot to produce oil pattern spread to the side of the pot, indicating that the temperature inside the pot is enough, then put the food to cook. I use this method. However, this method has a drawback, that is, the cleaning of the pot is more troublesome.
3. About the cleaning of stainless steel pots
Stainless steel pots look good, but cleaning is a big problem, especially for bright pots. Before, I used countless cleaning methods, but the effect was not good, the pot was clean, but the gloss was not. After groping, I now wipe with a rag + baking soda + a little hot water, or to some extent to slow down the stain, and the damage to the pot is also minimal. It is also the most effective and most civilian method I have found so far.
Some people worry that baking soda will not destroy stainless steel, but it will not. The baking soda solution has a pH below 8.5 and is weakly alkaline. Its granules are soft crystals, and its hardness is similar to that of human nails or gold. When it is wetted with water, the edges and corners of the crystals can be dissolved. Therefore, as a friction agent, not only can the dirt on the surface of the appliance be removed, but also the damage of the pot will not be caused. It is much milder than toothpaste and salt.
In addition, if you have a Zwilling counter near your home, you can also go to the counter to buy its "Henkel" stainless steel cleaning and maintenance solution by applying a layer on the surface of the pot, put it for 5-10 minutes, then wipe it with a soft cloth. The effect of removing stubborn stains is still good. A similar product is Bar Keeper’s Friend.
It is never recommended to use a steel brush to brush, nor to use a large particle of fine particles such as decontamination powder and salt to rub. Especially for the high-polished stainless steel pot, once you wipe it, you will find that the pot is clean, but the polished surface is completely destroyed.
There are also some factors that can not be ignored in the maintenance of stainless steel pots, but also need to draw attention to:
1. Do not use cold water to wash the pot immediately after each use, so as to avoid a large amount of water mist, so that the pot is not easy to clean. It is recommended to wash with warm water.
2. Wipe the outer surface with a hard and rough material, which will cause the surface of the pot to be strained.
3, do not use strong alkali or strong oxidizing chemicals, such as bleaching powder, sodium hypochlorite, etc.
4. Wooden spatula is most suitable for stainless steel pots
Try to use a wooden spatula, even if it collides with the pot at high temperatures, it will not scratch the pot.
5. Other precautions for the use of stainless steel pots
1. Before using the pot for the first time, first clean the pot with white vinegar, then rinse with hot water. Dry it after use inside and outside.
2, do not hold acidic or alkaline foods for a long time
3, do not dry the pot for a long time, continuous dry burning will lead to damage to the pot