Classification of Glass
The simple classification of glass is mainly divided into flat glass and special glass, flat glass is mainly divided into three kinds: lead-up flat glass (grooved/grooveless), flat-drawing flat glass and float glass. Float glass is becoming the mainstream of glass manufacturing.
The use of glass in decoration is very common, from outside windows to indoor screens, doors and fans will be used.
Because of the uniform thickness of float glass, the flat and parallel upper and lower surfaces, the high labor productivity and the favorable management factors, the special glass has many varieties.
Editor of Ordinary Flat Glass
1, 3 - 4 centimeter glass, mm is also called centimeter in daily life. What we call 3cm glass is glass with a thickness of 3mm. This kind of glass is mainly used for the surface of picture frames.
2, 5-6 centimeter glass, mainly used for small area transparent modeling of exterior walls, windows, doors and fans, etc.
3, 7-9 centimeter glass is mainly used in the large area of indoor screens and other shapes with frame protection.
4, 9-10 centimeter glass can be used for indoor large-area partition, bar and other decoration projects.
5, 11 - 12 centimeter glass can be used in floor spring glass doors and some partitions with large flow of people.
The glass above 6 and 15 centimeters is sellable on the market and often needs to be ordered. It is mainly used for the whole glass wall of the large area of floor spring glass door.
Other Glass Editors
Other glass said, but the author in the classification of flat glass, relative to the industry is not a formal classification. There are:
1. Toughened glass. It is a kind of pre-stressed glass made of ordinary flat glass after reprocessing. Toughened glass has two main characteristics compared with ordinary flat glass:
1. The strength of the former is several times of that of the latter, the tensile strength is more than three times of that of the latter, and the impact resistance is more than five times of that of the latter.
2. Toughened glass is not easy to break, even if it breaks, it will break in the form of particles without sharp angle, which greatly reduces the harm to human body.
2. Grinded glass. It is also made by grinding ordinary flat glass. Generally, the thickness is less than 9 centimeters, and more than 5 centimeters or 6 centimeters.
3. Sandblasted glass. The performance is basically similar to that of frosted glass. The different type of frosted glass is sandblasting. Because of their visual similarities, many owners and even decoration professionals confuse them.
4. Embossed glass. It is a kind of flat glass made by calendering method. Its greatest feature is transparency, which is mostly used in toilets and other decoration areas.
5. Cladding glass. It is a kind of flat glass with impact resistance, which is made by calendering wire or metal mesh embedded in glass plate. When it is impacted, it will only form radial cracks and not cause falling injury. Therefore, it is mostly used in high-rise buildings and buildings with strong oscillation.
6. Hollow glass. Adhesive bonding method is often used to keep two pieces of glass at a certain interval. The interval is dry air, and the surrounding area is sealed with sealing materials. It is mainly used in decoration projects with sound insulation requirements.
7. Laminated glass. Sandwich glass is generally composed of two pieces of ordinary flat glass (or tempered glass or other special glass) and organic bonding layer between glass. When damaged, the debris still adheres to the adhesive layer, avoiding the damage of debris splash to human body. It is mostly used for decoration projects with safety requirements. ]
8. Bulletproof glass. In fact, it is a kind of sandwich glass, but the glass is mostly made of toughened glass with higher strength, and the number of sandwiches is relatively large. They are mostly used in decoration projects with high safety requirements such as banks or luxury houses.
9. Hot bending glass. Curved glass made by heating and softening flat glass and forming in die and annealing. In some high-grade decoration, the frequency is getting higher and higher. It needs to be booked and there is no spot.
10. Glass brick. Glass brick manufacturing process is basically the same as flat glass, the difference is the forming method. In the middle is dry air. It is mostly used in decorative projects or in transparent modelling with heat preservation requirements.
11. Glass paper. Also known as glass film, with a variety of colors and designs. According to the different properties of paper film, it has different properties. Most of them have the functions of heat insulation, infrared protection, ultraviolet protection and explosion protection.
The ice cream glass is recommended to you. Please contact us if you just have the requirement.